Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Yet another week

Hello! This week was yet another week of my mission, and it was a wonderful week! I really have no reasons to complain. It´s true, we experience trials on the mish. But in all reality I feel like I gain so so much more than what I sacrifice. I am a happy camper! 

So on Sunday we went over to the other Porto ward to see a baptism. Maria, this little 80 year old lady, was baptized. It was literally one of the most memorable moments of my mission, but not for reasons you might expect. So there we all are, watching the Elder get into the water, and turns out the water didn´t heat up. Baptism in icy water is not exactly ideal for 80 year old women apparently, so she became slightly reluctant to enter the water. But the Elder talked to her and explained that the water wasn´t that cold and that the baptism wouldn´t take very long, and that he would help her down in. She looked at him with a slight expression of disgust and said quite loudly "I got myself here, I can get in this water by myself!" And then she literally DOVE into the water. Exactly like a swimming pool. She dove! I WAS DYING. It was the best thing I´ve ever seen! Then the baptism continued, she was happy, and she danced with me in the kitchen afterwards as we ate refreshments. I LOVE the old ladies here. They are hilarious. 

I love my mission. The good and the bad and the funny and the crazy. I am so blessed to be a missionary in Porto! 

Have a wonderful week! 

Sister Wood 

A few pictures- Divisions and chocolate croissants (the reason I´m fat) and the 4th of July! 



 Chocolate croissants with Sister Parkinson

 American style feast!
 my first rootbeer since I got to Portugal
 Our friend Maria who gives lots of kisses
District bowling

No comments:

Post a Comment