Thursday, December 4, 2014

Heaps of Gratitude

   WHADDUP! So this week was good! I say that every week haha. But it´s true! There´s lots of things to be happy about! :)
   So a few funny things this week. First, Sister Da Luz told me all about how much she just LOVES Obama. She loves him. I just laughed and laughed. #obama. Also on Thursday we didn´t have electricity, so that was fun! Here in Portugal the homes and apartments aren´t heated or insulated. Everything is made of cinder block. So literally the street is warmer than our apartment! Without our little space heater we freeze haha. Needless to say we had a cold night. With lots of candles. It was fun! But the really good part about this week is that they started decorating Leiria for Christmas, so naturally I broke out the Whitney Houston Christmas álbum! Whitney Houston is a tender mercy. I love Christmas music. I can´t believe it´s almost December!
   We had interviews with President this week, and it was great! I seriously love the Fluckiger´s so much. Sister Fluckiger is HILARIOUS. Interviews are a great way to get more motivated haha! When we got home afterward we really worked hard and saw some miracles! We found this guy Ricardo who is really prepared for the gospel. We were actually looking for someone else but I pushed the wrong button at the apartment building and Ricardo answered! He has already been to church a few times and met with the missionaries a while ago, but then started working more and lost touch with them. He said he has been wanting to learn more for a long time! It was definitely a little miracle to find him!
   In honor of Thanksgiving this week (which I will be celebrating thank you very much) I just want to say how INCREDIBLY grateful I am for the gospel in my life! It is truly a privilege and great blessing to be a missionary. I´m grateful that I get to be a part of this great work, and see the miracles happen in people´s lives because of the Atonement, Because of Jesus Christ we can be truly happy. Our families can be forever. We can progress on the path back to our Father in Heaven! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and He is what I´m most grateful for. He is the only way.  Because of Him we have so much to be grateful for! :)  Also, I´m so thankful for all of you!! THANK YOU for your examples and love. I love you!
   Have the BEST WEEK EVER. Loves and hugs all around

Sister Wood

   PS- don´t judge the chubby cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment