Monday, December 8, 2014

Maria Michael Jackson and Transfers!

   Olá!! :) I hope everyone is doing super well. How was the first week of December? I can´t freaking believe it is already DECEMBER. #wut
But anywho, my week was good! We had a Christmas party on Saturday in a city called Viseu and it was fun! Got to see all the missionaries from our zone, eat good food, and watch Portuguese people do hilarious things. Like sing and dance to Michael Jackson in celebration of Christmas. HAHA. We have an investigator, Dora, who loooooves Michael Jackson so so much. Like a ridiculous amount. So we were there in Viseu, and the youth in the ward there did a little skit and sang Man In the Mirror for everyone. And Dora started crying profusely, then proceeded to tell me all about good ol´ MJ. Why his skin was white, how much he loved children, all about his childhood in Gary, Indiana, and so on. Then yesterday we visited her after church and she made us call her Maria Michael Jackson. Then she sang We Are The World and moonwalked for us. I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD. Really, people are cray. But I love them. 
   Also, I´m getting transferred!! Ahhh! I´m going to a city called Vila Franca da Xira, close to Lisbon. I´m going to finish the training of Sister Levitt, and we are gonna have fun!! I´m nervous to train but it will be fun. And I heard through the grape vine that the bishop there teaches karate... and has a karate/rap vídeo on YouTube. A member here may or may not have showed me. So yeah that´s gonna be fun! I´m excited, but also sad to leave Leiria. I love Leiria and have learned so much here! The ward is incredible and I´m going to miss them so much. Transfers are a weird thing. 
   Well, that´s about all I have time for today! Have a WONDERFUL week, I love you all so much. <3 

Sister Wood 

Maria Michael Jackson



 Christmas lights in Leiria
 The Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment