Thursday, December 4, 2014

New Comp

So this week has been killer! 

First week of the transfer, first week with Sister Da Luz. She is great! She literally doesn´t speak english. Okay, sometimes she says "good." But really we don´t speak english! It has been interesting! So here´s an update on my #portuguese: It is getting better. I´ve had two native speaking companions, so my Portuguese is progressing a lot faster than if I had an American comp. Duh. I feel WAY lucky because there are like five native speaking Sisters in the mission, and I´ve already served/am currently serving with TWO. It´s hard, but I know I´m learning correct Portuguese. I think President just knows that I need the extra help haha. It´s a cool experience to live with Sisters from SUCH DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS. One day I will go to Cape Verde. And speak Criole to them. HOLLA 

We met a guy on the street this week named Marito. His real name is Mario, but he likes to go by Marito. He claims he is a member but I´m not sure I believe him. Anyone, he is the Portuguese version of Dwight. FOR REALZ. He is actually insane and so. hilarious. After we met him on the street we had a lesson in the chapel with a recent convert. So there we were, teaching and chatting, when Marito walks in and joins us. Then he pulled out some crazy book from his "new religion" and proceeds to teach us a few things. Then, HE PULLED OUT HIS RECORDER AND STARTED TO PLAY A LITTLE JAPANESE TUNE. At least he said it was Japanese. I was laughing so so hard. One of the funniest things to happen in my mission. I love crazy people. 

But the greatest thing from this week is that we had a conference with Elder Quentin L. Cook! It was so cool! He taught us a lot about Preach My Gospel and obedience and answered questions and it was wonderful. At the end he "invoked a blessing upon us" as an apostle of the Lord. He made us promises with so much power and love and I felt his authority as a special witness of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that he is an apostle, called by God, to lead us in these days. I sustain him and all the other general authorities, and I love them! 

Well, this is all i got for this week! I love you all A LOT

Sister Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment