Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Witness After the Trial of Your Faith

Heyo fam and friends! 
 
   This week was the last week of the transfer, and it was crazy and good! I´m staying here in Leiria for the next transfer, which is only gonna be four weeks. Weird as all get out. I´m getting a new comp! Her name is Sister Luz, she´s from Cape Verde (so that means she´s black and a fluent Portuguese speaker holla), and that´s about all I know haha. Haven´t met her yet. I hope she´ll teach me some Portuguese criole... more on that next week! :) 
   We had two baptisms on Saturday- Sofia and Filipe! We´ve been teaching Sofia since I got to the mission. She has been a hard nut to crack! But it has truly been a blessing to see the change in her as she has grown closer to the Savior. She is wonderful and I can truly say that she is my good friend. It was a very happy moment to see someone I love so much enter the waters of baptism! 
    Filipe is the son of Isabel and brother of Francisco, who were baptized my first transfer. A family! Woooo! They are seriously such a blessing in my life and I´ve learned more about faith and the power of the Atonement with them than with anyone else in my mission so far. I´m still a noob in the mission, but they seriously have taught me so much. It was an incredible blessing to see Isabel as she watched her second son be baptised. The joy was just too much! :) Needless to say, all our hard work with Sofia and Filipe was totes worth it in the end. They have entered the path back to Heavenly Father and I´m so happy for them! 
    I´m excited for this next transfer! As a normal missionary! #trainingisforgoobers. I love you all, have a WONDERFUL week! <3 

Sister Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment