Monday, January 26, 2015

FUN FACTS

So this week was pretty normal. We taught lessons, talked to people on the street, ate a lot, and laughed even more. Now I´m going to share some random facts.

1. Everyone over cooks their pasta. EVERYONE. Always. It is just straight mush. But you know me, I eat it anyway. And by that I mean that I eat too much anyway. YOLO
2. Apparently tea cures everything. I have this crazy cough and everyone is basically pouring tea down my throat, but that´s only one example. If you ever have any sort of sickness just drink some tea and you´ll be healed!
3. I can´t touch my toes anymore.. and sitting cross-legged is a struggle.
4. I can play the right hand on the piano! I have a goal of learning one hymn with both hands by the end of my mission.
5. Portuguese people are generally pretty grouchy, but they would give you the shirt offAl their back. Or at the very least all the food on their table. Even the people who barely have enough for themselves. It is amazing!
6. They also think Portugal is the coldest place ever. We just laugh and nod.
7. I´m a giant here! We get stared at a lot!
8. The biggest mall in Europe is in Lisbon (at least that´s what they tell me).
9. There are millions of cats here. So many cat fights.
10. Almost all the buildings are tiled with super cool retro colorful tiles. We are constantly playing the "who can find the coolest tiles" game. And we love it!

I love Portugal. I love the people. I love my mission and I´m so grateful to be here. It´s an honor to have the opportunity to bring these people this message of true peace and hope. I love being a missionary!

Have a great week! I love all SO MUCH!!

Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment