Monday, April 20, 2015

It's Birthing Season


It´s transfer day, and I´m staying in Vila Franca de Xira with Sister Esplin. I´m so excited to have one more transfer here! It´s going to be great. :)
 
Spring is quickly approaching.. that means birthing season! One of the members in our branch, Lopes, is a shepherd with a cute little herd of sheep. And boy are they procreating! I think seven new lambs have been born in the last week, and Lopes calls us to tell us about each new baby. But get this- He named one after me!! HOLLA!! So Lopes is a strong member of the church and everything but he "baptizes" his sheep, like in the Catholic church. I think it´s hilarious. So now there is a cute little Catholic lamb named Sister Wood prancing through the hills of Alhandra, Portugal. NOT SAD!!

So sometimes I feel like an Israelite. Every day they had to show their faith in the Lord to receive their manna from heaven. Every day for them was a new opportunity to exercise faith and trust in God, and I feel like that is how it is for all of us! This last week was particularly difficult with the work, but each day we went out and worked, putting all our faith in the Savior. And we saw some definite miracles! I learned a lot this week about having more faith in the Lord to receive my own personal "manna from heaven", whether is was more motivation to walk in the rain, the right words to bear in a testimony, new people to teach, something I could do to help my companions, etc. I know that if we truly strive to put all our trust in God, He guides us. He enlarges our capacities and capabilities! I´m so grateful to be a missionary, learning these things. I know this church is true!

I love you all! Have a great first week of February! <3

Sister Wood

Pics: Me holding a baby lamb, Mascarinha. That translates to small mask. Like from Zorro.
Just a few tripla selfies!




No comments:

Post a Comment