Monday, April 27, 2015

A week to make your eye twitch...

This week was straight up NUTZ. Seriously one of the craziest, hardest, funniest, tiring, rewarding weeks of my mission. And the title of this email is straight truth, I have literally developed an eye twitch in the last week. Imagine- We´re sitting there, trying to teach a lesson, bearing testimony about something, and my eye starts TWITCHING. It is rough! Apparently it´s due to lack of sleep and potasium. Oh well!

This week our investigator Rosa was baptized!! :) It was such a sweet experience! The whole week the adversary was working SO HARD against us- meaning us and Rosa. I won´t get into all the ups and downs but I´ll just say the baptism was a miracle! On Saturday morning we went to pick Rosa up, along with her daughter and three insane grandchildren. We have a long walk from our houses to the train station, and making our way down there with those kids was like a circus. We were so sweaty haha. We finally got on the train to go to the church with the baptismal font, after like an hour walk that is usually only 15 minutes, and we thought we were home free. But about half way there the train STOPPED. I just looked at my companion and laughed. Of course the freaking train stopped. That never happens! But after a little while it started again and we all breathed a sigh of relief. We rolled into that chapel way late and tired and sweaty, but all that doesn´t matter because the baptism was beautiful! Rosa was so happy. Her daughter was crying the whole time. It was just a very sweet, spiritual experience! Such a good day.

I love this work. I´m so grateful for the experiences I´m having, and how I´m learning to trust more in the Lord and His hand. The Lord works with His power in all cases among the children of men, including mine. I love my Savior, I know He lives, and this is His church. I´m so happy to be a missionary!

Loves and Hugs,

Sister Wood









FUN FACT

Fun Fact: this couple, the Brodericks, were in the MTC with Grandma and Grandpa! They are serving in my district and are so cool. Apparently they hung out with G&G a lot. They even sent Grandma a picture of me the other day haha. Small world, huh? That´s all! Love you guys! 

...my arm is looking freakishly long in this picture... uhh


No comments:

Post a Comment