Monday, April 20, 2015

Heyo! It´s EASTER this week! I love this holiday! Also it´s General Conference and I´m way excited. Watching it in Portuguese is not the same but still SO GOOD. It´s going to be a great week. 

This week we had Zone Conference with the Fluckigers and two other zones. It was so good! I saw lots of friends that I haven´t seen in a while, but more importantly we learned a lot and had a really spiritual conference. It is incredible to be surrounded by so many missionaries that I love and am lucky to be serving with. We talked a lot about Easter, naturally, and we watched the Because He Lives video. Have you all seen it yet? It´s incredible! I love it! I´m so glad the church is making videos like this. We´ve shown it to quite a few people and the spirit it transmits is powerful. We basically just talked about the Christ´s love for us and how we can use that love to improve our missions/missionary work. It was powerful. My trainer was there, and she made me bear my testimony with her in front of everyone. An elder that I served with in my second transfer was there, and as I was talked he was in the back just smiling and kind of laughing. I went up to him afterward and was like WHAT THE HECK WHY WERE YOU LAUGHING? He said he was laughing at the drastic change in my Portuguese from my second transfer to now. I took that as a compliment... he´s Portuguese. He can say that. 

We had a really powerful experience this week with our investigator Rosa. After the conference we were just feeling really good and happy. Full of the Spirit and reminded of the love Christ has for us. We went over to Rosa´s house afterward and just shared with her what we learned and felt during the conference. We all talked about how we have seen God´s love for us in our lives and how much we love Him too. We were all crying and laughing and the Spirit was so strong. Then at the end my cute little trainee asked Rosa if she wanted to be baptized, and she accepted! It was incredible! As we really sat and felt God´s love for us together in her living room, the Spirit touched Rosa´s heart and she accepted to be baptized. The power of His love is real and unending. I am so grateful for my Savior and all He did and does for me. I know He lives and I love Him so much! I´m so grateful for this Easter holiday and the opportunity we have to focus more on Him and His love. Easter saves the day, everyone. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy Conference and Easter! I love you! 

Sister Wood 


WE ARE TOURISTS SOMETIMES

 cool bridge
 nice and sweaty waiting for the bus
 man on the wall

District lunch. Proud of the photobomber in the back 
   And also the man on the wall is cool!  
 monastery

A cool monastery 


 I believe this monument is called Tower of Travelers. Or something like that. 
Sister Camacho is the best! and the Tower of Belém 

No comments:

Post a Comment