Monday, April 20, 2015

Tender Mercies Come in Lots of Ways

HEYO! What if one week I just wrote my email in Portuguese and made you guys translate it? I think about that every week as I start my email. I won´t do it cause that´d be dumb. How are you all doing? I hope you all had a great week!

There are challenges to overcome every week, and this last week was no exception haha. But we always find stuff to laugh about. For example, Sister Esplin fell up the stairs three times and out of her chair once. I´m laughing so hard right now as I remember. That is something that hasn´t changed about me I guess, I still think falling is the most hilarious thing. LOL

But anywho, this week was full of tender mercies. Especially on Saturday. We decided to fast to receive some guidance for our investigators and our area, because we feel like we´ve kind of been scrambling. In my mission my testimony of fasting has been strengthened so much, I´ve seen the power and blessings that come from it. So on Saturday we went to this way sketchy part of our area to teach this guy we contacted a couple weeks ago, Evanildo. He´s so cool and we´d been wanting to teach him since the contact, but it never worked out until Saturday. We´ve been slightly nervous lately because of some encounters we´ve had while contacting, but we felt so happy and safe as we walked there! That was a tender mercy. When we got to his house, turns out his cute cousin was home so we got to teach them both! Her name is Melia and she was the sweetest. We taught them the first lesson, about the Restoration, and the Spirit was incredibley strong. Neither of them have much religious background besides believing in God, and they were so excited to hear our message. As we taught their smiles just bigger and bigger. They both offered prayers, and could feel the difference of the Spirit. We basically floated out of that lesson. It was more than a tender mercy, it was an answer to prayer and a miracle. I love this work, and feeling the Spirit work through me as a missionary and representative of Christ. I know He lives and this is His church. I´m so grateful for these experiences!

I found a new favorite scripture this week, 2 Nephi 4:35. It´s about prayer. Read it. <3

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister Wood






No comments:

Post a Comment