Monday, April 27, 2015

Easters



Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great Easter and enjoyed General Conference!! It was great, wasn´t it? I loved so many talks, but one that really stood out to me was Elder Bednar´s. Jesus Christ really does silence all our fears! It got me especially excited because in 2 weeks Elder Bednar is coming to our stake conference here in Lisbon! WOOOO!! I´m so stoked. Two
 We bought grandma night gowns because it was a long day. 
 And we had division this week - me and Sister Schill
 Us with the cute easter cake this member (in the other picture) gave us! It was nice. 

 And just some sassy in between conference session pictures. <3
apostles of the Lord have come to speak in Portugal in the last six months. The work is moving quickly here and I am so happy to be a part of it!

It is warming right on up over here! The sweatiness is getting so real. I´m getting a watch tan line on my wrist and sandals tan line on my feet. It´s pretty cute! Also this week was awesome, but the way! I love my companion and my area! 

Cool experience from this week- I was on a division with Sister Schill, and we were teaching a less active member Ricardo about the importance of coming to church. A member, Irmão Lopes (the shepherd), was teaching with us. A little back story about Lopes- he was inactive until about nine months ago when the missionaries found him again. He started going back to church after many lessons on the importance of church. Apparently it was a real battle to get him to sacrament meeting. But now, he has a POWERFUL testimony of the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy. He witnessed to Ricardo with so much Spirit and power. Sister Schill and I were both just trying not to sob! He also referenced a story from the Book of Mormon as he bore testimony and it was amazing to me because I remember when I first got to this area, Lopes asked me SO MANY questions about the Book of Mormon. But now I can see that he is STUDYING and having his own spiritual experiences with that sacred book, and he is using that to do missionary work. He is now the Elders Quorum President and does so much good for this little branch. It was a powerful testimony to me of the importance of the little things, like going to church and reading the Book of Mormon. I´m grateful for the examples of the many faithful members here in Portugal. I´m so glad to be where I am, with these wonderful people. I love my mission! 

Well, I hope you all have a lovely week! I love you! 

Sister Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment