Monday, April 20, 2015

Pig skin

Heyo. This week was good! We definitely saw some miracles! More to come later. It was an awesome last week of the transfer. I´m so grateful for the time I had to serve with Sister Esplin! I´ll be staying here in Vila Franca De Xira for one more, and I´m training a noob! Her name is Sister Elliot and I´m way excited to meet her on Thursday. I´m really tempted to just be really crazy weird for the first couple days to freak her out... But the first couple days are hard enough lol so I´ll just try to reign myself in. Training is fun. #welcometoportugal

So the title of this email is Pig Skin and I´ll tell you why. Last week we went to lunch with a member to try a "delicacy of Portugal." Turns out we just went to this little hole in the wall place that sells only pig skin sandwiches. PIG SKIN. Literally. It´s basically just strips of greasy fat put on a piece of bread. The member, Lopes, was so stoked to see how much we loved them so we pretended! I attacked mine with hot sauce but I forget that the hot sauce here is actually like eating fire. I got down to two more bites but I couldn´t do it, so I took grandma´s advice and stuffed the rest of it in my bag haha. It was terrible! We felt SO SICK for the next two days. Never doing that again.

Something way cool from this week- Our investigator, Rosa, was showing us some religious books that she´s collected over the years the other night. She pulled out two books from 40 years ago that an Elder gave her about Relief Society and the Aaronic Priesthood. We were just kind of amazed that she still had them! The Lord has been preparing Rosa her whole life to receive the gospel. He truly has a hand in our lives and He prepares His children! I´m so grateful for the gospel and to be a missionary!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment