Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Island Vacation



Hello family and friends! This week was super good! Tiring, but we saw lots of tender mercies this week. We got to do divisions on the island- Madeira! For those of you who don´t know, Madeira actually means wood in Portuguese. Badabingbadaboom. It was way fun to do a division, and the island is super beautiful! We found some really cool people to teach with big families and it was a huge blessing. It was like a missionary vacation! 

We´ve been seeing lots of progress in our area too! This week we finally found this kid who was marked for baptism and then DISAPPEARED. Literally. But we found him! His name is Taison and he´s super cool. He didn´t get baptized because he didn´t feel worthy, so we taught him about the Atonement and how it is sufficient for all of our sins. It was a powerful lesson and the Spirit was so strong. Just such a huge peace entered the room. Heavenly Father loves His children and He wants us to come unto Him. He is ready and willing to guide us back! 

It was great to talk to my family yesterday! I hope everyone had a great Mother´s Day and gave their mom a little more love! I´m so grateful for my mom! And my whole family. As I meet more and more people on my mission, my gratitude for my family deepens so much. We are so blessed to know that families can be forever. The gospel is what brings true happiness to families! 

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Sister Wood  

Pics- division with Sister Stocks in Madeira and last p-day with President! 




No comments:

Post a Comment