Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Squirning

Heyo.<3 I hope everyone is doing good! I can´t believe that July starts this week. SO WEIRD. I´m just sittin here like whaaaaaaat. 

I´ll be honest haha, this week was kind of a trial of our faith! We got home every night, looked at each other and just asked, "What even happened today?" I think sometimes the Lord lets us squirm a little bit. Like it says in the scriptures, He tries our patience and our faith. But it´s all to help us grow and improve! Sometimes we just have to have moments in our lives where all we can do is trust in the Lord. We cannot do this by ourselves, we need Him always! Sometimes I think Heavenly Father is looking down at me and just saying, "Sister Wood, time to put a little more trust in me!" I´ve always been somewhat independent, thinking that I can do it myself, but a huge lesson that I´m learning on my mission is that I need the Lord in all moments. Not just sometimes, but all the time. It´s that trust in the Savior that helps us get up when we fall. I´m very grateful for the opportunities I´m having to learn this important lesson! 

Funny from the week, because there are always funny things that happen: Our ward mission leader, Irmão Vitor, is probably one of the most comical people I´ve ever met in my life. He´s 72 years old, really loud, and wears the tightest, highest pants I have ever seen. We invited him to come contacting with us the other day, and it ruled because he just literally talks to everyone. But the funny thing is that he likes to talk about a littler bit deeper doctrine with everyone. For example, baptisms for the dead, why the Sabbath day in on Sunday not Saturday, how we were all intelligences before being formed into spirits, etc. One time (on another occasion) he actually ripped his shirt open and showed an investigator his garments and shouted, "One day you´ll have this! You can never take them off!" We just get a little bit flabbergasted haha, but we had a lot of success that day! He´s one of the most faithful members I know and we are really grateful for his desire to serve. And also we´re grateful for the funny things he says and does. #blessed

That´s all I got, but I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you! Beijinhos! 

Sister Wood 

Camera effects are really nice. 





 We get this ice cream about once a week!  Not sad


No comments:

Post a Comment