Sunday, December 27, 2015



Heyo! 

Didn´t write a big email last week... oops. The last two weeks have been good! I actually feel sick about the fact that it is NOVEMBER (puking). What even is that? So crazy. But the good news is that I have Silent Night by Michael Buble on my ipod. Christmas is coming up! It´s the most listened to song I have. That and maybe A Child´s Prayer by Janice Kapp Perry (JUST KIDDING). 

I´m trying to think about all that´s happened in the last two weeks of my life, which is a lot because mission is a busy lyfe, and mostly all that´s coming to mind is how grateful and happy I am to be here! I love Gaia, this area is wonderful and we are meeting/teaching some incredible people. We have this one investigator, Telma, who is an actual saint. So sweet and Christlike. We´re helping her quit smoking so that she can be baptized. We love her so much! Also this ward is amazing. Sister Smyth rules too. 

I went to Mission Council this last week with the Amorim´s and it was great, as usual. It was weird because a lot a lot of the Sisters are going home at the end of this transfer, so I had to say tchau to a few really good friends! I love the missionaries I´ve been able to serve with. People are such a blessing. President talked about overcoming trials and how we can improve and progress on the path of our mission and also our life. It was so good. He shared that quote by President Monson, don´t remember exactly how it goes, but it´s something like "one of God´s greatest gifts to us is the opportunity to try again. No failure ever need be final." I am so grateful for that! Heavenly Father is so patient and merciful. We have a Savior who literally made it possible for us to try again. I love this gospel. It gives me so much hope! 

I´m grateful for opportunities to bear my testimony. As missionaries, we get questioned a lot. Lots of people have told me that I´m wrong, that I´ve been tricked, or that I need to read the Bible again because Joseph Smith´s name never comes up in there (haha). But one thing I know is the power of a true and pure testimony. The Lord gives us all so many ways to know and feel for ourselves the truthfulness of the gospel. No one can take away the fact that I KNOW this church is true. God has given me too many answers and I can´t deny what I know. I am sure that as we bear our testimonies that they are strengthened and peoples hearts are touched. The other day, we were teaching a lady who was trying to catch us in our words and make us deny what we know. As she literally told me that I was blind, the Spirit filled my heart and I just bore my testimony with all that I had. My own testimony was strengthened as I defended our Savior and His church. I know that the message we have been called to share with the world is true. It is of God. And I am so grateful. 
I hope you all have a great week! LOVES <3 

Sister Wood 

Pics of us being in our study outfits.. our house is freezing. Also the ladies at Mission Council! 






No comments:

Post a Comment