Sunday, December 27, 2015

One more week and here I am. Holy smokes!
This week was good though! On Tuesday we had mission council with President Amorim. It was yet again really good! Its always fun to go and see my mission friends all the while being nourished by the inspired messages from Pres and the Spirit. A few calls to repentance here and there, a nice Portuguese lunch, and a few good laughs is what I call a good mission council!
The next day we had zone meeting which was also good. Sister Smyth and I got to give a training on how to teach the complete message of the Restoration in five minutes. Let me tell you, my companion is a straight champ. Had I had to do that in my first transfer I would have pooped my skirt. Too far to say that? But really, she did great! We also always play scripture games. We are strongly encouraged to memorize scriptures from the missionary lessons to help us in our teaching, but we all know the real reason we memorize scriptures is so that we can destroy everyone in the scripture games. We played this game call "Castigos," which just means punishments. Basically you just go up against an opponent and the reader gives you a doctrinal point from one of the lessons. The first person to give the scripture reference and also recite the scripture wins, and the other person gets a castigo (punishment) to do. A few examples are tango-ing with your comp, telling your most embarrassing missionary story, and many more. Needless to say it was hilarious and also probably out of hand, but i loved it. Zone meetings are too fun.
Conference is the real reason that this week was good though! How lucky are we to have a living prophet who guides us today. How lucky are we to have so many inspired leaders to show us how to be happy in this life! This is about to get real cheesy, but as I was watching conference at the chapel and we all stood to sing "We Thank Thee, O God, For A Prophet" in Portuguese I just started crying. As I looked around at all these members that I love so much here in Portugal and at the screen of all the people back in Utah, I felt like I was going to burst with gratitude to be part of the true and living church of Jesus Christ. We are all striving for the same thing, to follow the Savior, in all parts of the world. I am so blessed to be able to serve my mission in Portugal. I love these people and I love my mission!
I hope you all have a great week! I love you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment