Sunday, December 27, 2015

Life is Good

Whaddup family and friends! I hope you all had a great week! I can´t believe that school is already starting and everything... YIKES! Glad that´s not me! ;) 

All is going well up here in good ol´ Porto, I love this place! I´ve been in Porto since the end of April, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my transfers here. Sister Parkinson is the best and we absolutely love serving together. These last few weeks have been hard, but it´s been the biggest blessing to be with her! The giggles get out of hand and no one is sad about it. 

We´ve been working a lot on improving member relationships in our ward, getting to know all the families and visiting them. It has been a TREAT! The other night we went to the home of familia Carvalho, the dad is in the stake presidency and they have two little boys that are hilarious. As we were giving the spiritual thought the younger boy, Alfonso, just farted waaaaay loud and immediate chaos ensued. We were all dying laughing, and the parents pretended to be like "hey, you can´t do that right now!" but they were also laughing too hard. Then the mom was like, "well at least you Sisters have something to write about in your journal tonight!" Needless to say, it was a great visit. I love love love the members in this ward. They are truly pioneers and their examples change my mission! 

We´ve been doing a LOT of finding lately, so much door knocking and contacting on the street. It´s hard work, but i´m so grateful for the opportunity I have to bear my testimony various times throughout the day. Yesterday we were knocking doors, and we met this man who initially didn´t want anything to do with us. He was all, I´m catholic, I have my own set of beliefs, I´m not interested, etc. But we just simply shared why we were there talking to him and bore short testimony of God´s love for us. And he stopped and listened. He then started to ask a few questions about the mission and stuff, and we started having a real life conversation like real people. We continued to bear simple testimonies of gospel truths as we conversed and we saw his heart open little by little. By the end of the conversation we marked to visit him again and meet his wife and son. It´s experiences like this that show me that when we bear heartfelt testimonies, the Lord sends His Spirit and touches hearts. Being a missionary is really so good, really. 

I love you all, I love the gospel, I know it´s true! Have a wonderful week! 

Sister Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment