Sunday, December 27, 2015

GRAPES GRAPES GRAPES





Hello! 

This week was good as well! This is the week that I´ve eaten more grapes that I ever have before in my life. OMG. Porto is known for grapes and wine and stuff and literally everywhere we go people give us grapes. They´ll just go out to there backyard grape vine and cut a bunch of grapes off for us. I´m literally graped out. Holy smokes. 

But really, our week was good. Super busy. We had an activity on Friday night called Night of Fados. It was a concert. Fado is a traditional Portuguese style of singing. I advise you all to look it up because it is just a treat. But President and Sister Amorim came and they let us stay until the end of the activity, which ended at midnight. That was super weird. But it was a great night! 

On Saturday night a little girl in our ward got baptized, Maria. It was basically just a Frozen singalong the whole time.. in the chapel... but in the midst of it she did in fact get baptized. It was also her birthday so there was a big party afterward. SO MUCH FOOD! Do you guys remember that part on the Grinch, when the Whos are carrying him around and shoving all sorts of weird food in his face? I literally feel like that anytime we eat with members. But I´m #grateful. 

On Sunday our investigator Conceição came to church and turns out she already knows like 7 members. She was so pleased to walk in and see some familiar faces, and some long lost friends! She also loved sacrament meeting. I love church! It is such a good thing! Heavenly Father´s love is here in the chapel! 

I love the mission. I love the Gospel. Love all of you too! Have a great week! 

Sister Wood 


District lunch on Tuesday... 6 pizzas and an icecream cake later... oh well.
Also my sandals literally split down the center. 
and Noite de Fados 

No comments:

Post a Comment