Sunday, December 27, 2015

Olá familia e amigos!

   This week was good! It was definitely one of the more dramatic weeks I´ve had for a while but nonetheless we learned a lot and still had a great week. Some weeks are harder than others, but that´s just the way the cookie crumbles. We always end up having a good time anyway. Missionary work does that. 
   On Sunday we had stake conference in Porto and some big ol´ news was made... they´re finally starting construction on the Lisbon Temple! FETCH YES!!!! The temple has been announced for a few years now, but because of various setbacks they haven´t started to actually build. UNTIL NOW YES YES YES YES. I´m so excited and happy that there will be a temple in this country that I love so much. The members are so faithful and ready to get to work in the temple! 
   I also loved stake conference because I got to see all my pals from my last area, Porto 1. It was the freaking best. It was like a huge family reunion! I´m so grateful for the wonderful people that I´ve been able to know and serve. I was a happy happy camper yesterday! 
   This week I´ve been thinking a lot about the story of Adam and Eve in the beginning of Moses 5, when the Lord commands them to start offering sacrifices. I´ve been thinking a lot about how Adam was exactly obedient, even though he didn´t know the purpose of the sacrifices. It wasn´t until after they obeyed that an angel appeared to them and explained The Why. This is true for us a lot too. Sometimes we don´t know The Why of things, but we just need to trust in the Lord and obey Him. We can trust that later we will understand The Why. I´m grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who is perfectly trustworthy. He knows what´s best. He knows The Why of everything we do, and it is up to us to trust in Him and follow His commands. Oh man, I love the scriptures. They are so cool. 

Well I hope everyone has a great week! I love you! 

Sister Wood 

This is Abel, a member that works with us A LOT. He is waiting for his mission call. He´s cool. Also this is Sister Smyth on the daily. She is Princess Giggles.



No comments:

Post a Comment